Security tape provides an anti-tamper seal for shipping cartons, pallets, letters, bags and many other containers. After applying the security tape, removal will cause the tape to self destruct, leaving words (OPENED, VOID, etc) on both the affixed surface and in the security tape. Or the tape may indicate tampering by showing mis-alignment or a broken seal. The tamper evident feature varies for each product.
- Protect Your Product Packages
- Protect Your Pallets
- Combats Tampering or Pilfering
Our security tapes are available in both stock and customized versions.
Choosing Your Security Tape
For higher security:
- Choose a tape with serial numbers -- record the serial number as part of the shipping documentation.
- Some tapes feature diagonal lines to indicate slitting and tampering.
- Customized tape offers more security.
We provide tamper evident tape for Certified Cargo Screening Facilities.
Our Security Packing Tape offers increased economy for sealing shipping cartons. This tape indicates tampering using mis-aligned lines. If the carton is slit open at the seam; it is very difficult to re-align the diagonal lines when resealing the carton.
Our Acetate Security Tapes show tampering from being torn or broken. Acetate is the most affordable security tape we offer. It is often used to seal porous surfaces such as paper envelopes, paperboard containers, or cardboard. But it is equally effective in showing tampering on non-porous surfaces too.
Our Custom Security Tapes on Liner are intended for small order quantities of custom tape (typically 50 rolls or less). For added security, some tapes feature holograms. All of these continuous tapes have a paper backing.
We recommend all applications be tested before product is shipped. We offer free samples so you can test and verify the product will meet your specific needs.
Most stock products (without customizations) are available for same-day EXPRESS SERVICE. Place your order by 2pm EST, pay by credit card and the material ships the same day — no waiting and no RUSH fee.
Typical delivery for custom tape is 2 weeks from your proof approval and purchase order.
Warning to Counterfeiters
If NovaVision is requested to produce custom security products or branded packaging, we require proof to substantiate that you are authorized to purchase that product. We independently verify your contact information and legitimacy. If you are not authorized to purchase the product, your contact information may be provided to law enforcement authorities without further notice. NovaVision cooperates with all local, state, federal and international law enforcement agencies to catch and prosecute fraudulent purchases and counterfeiting.
Counterfeiting is illegal and is defined as any attempt to copy an original with the intent to defraud. It is illegal to purchase a fake identification product, an unauthorized custom hologram, an unauthorized duplicate security label, or counterfeit packaging which uses a copyrighted brand name or logo. Further, in the USA, legislation is pending to expand the criminal law so that federal prosecutors will have an easier time prosecuting counterfeiters that manufacture bogus product labels and packaging.
Specifications and Intended Use
Please see the Specifications and Intended Use for more details.
For installation instructions, see the Installation Guide.
If the tamper evident feature is not working to your satisfaction, please review the Troubleshooting Guide for suggestions, or give us a call.
Product Returns and Claims
See Ordering Info for more details.
- Hidden Tamper Evidence -- "OPENED" appears when tape is removed
- Stock versions: over 40 versions total -- 5 designs, 4 colors, 3 sizes
- Continuous rolls of self-wound tape fits standard tape dispenser
- Tape with perforations -- use continuous or break into individual seals
- Your custom text - Minimum order: 40 rolls
- Your custom logo and colors - Minimum order: 80 rolls
- Ready to ship in 3-to-4 weeks
- Diagonal lines pattern (breaks alignment when slit)
- Continuous rolls of self-wound tape
- Optional custom printed text or logo for enhanced security
- No minimum order quantity
- Frangible material (broken/torn seal indicates tampering)
- Receptive to writing from ink pen or marker
- No adhesive residue when removed
- Continuous rolls or individual seals
- OPENED or DOTS Pattern appears when removed from applied surface
- Custom imprinted for enhanced security
- Optional holograms for enhanced security
- No minimum order quantity
- Continuous rolls in a dispenser box
- Specialty security tapes and Labels
- Meets TSA Specifications